Saturday, October 03, 2009

While having breakfast this early morning, I can’t help but noticed this petite young lady carrying an over sized handbag. When I say over sized I mean really over sized as in the bag equals a quarter of her whole female form! Makes me wonder what she hides in there? In fact, the question I have in my mind is why does most ladies like to carry big bags? Is it a trend or is it just a habit? Maybe they like to carry their whole makeup and 'grandmother' possessions in there?


Finally checked out our new office cum service centre. Hopefully and if possible, to start another outlet there!? Twice the size larger than our current retail outlet here in Giant Kelana, it sure looked impressive! Surrounded by many lifestyle cafes, this place might be ‘dangerous’ to us! To make matter worst, this place has got one of the biggest and cleanest ‘mamak’ restaurant around and it is 24 hours too! So are we going to confirm this as our new place? It took me half day and a box of cheese macaronis to complete the floor plan. I was satisfied with the layout at the moment but last minute changes is possible knowing my partner is ever fickle minded about the lightings, colour schemes, concept…, image???…..you know how fussy women can be?

'Cucuk sanggul' seems to rule the day as I am called to create an urgent request by a lady customer. She was thankful she doesn’t have to drive all the way to Melaka for it. Surprisingly, instead of just getting one piece, she bought two. She sure made me proud of my creations as it is going to Australia for a wedding functions and I bet many guests will envy her unique cucuk sanggul as it is customised and not readily available in the market.

Of late, we have this new ‘trading neighbour’ opposite our shop who sells many varieties of toys but interestingly….3 bright yellow colour toy chicken is the main star! Because…. without fail, it attracts passer-by to squeeze squeeze it ……. So shiok! And the poor chicken can produce sympathetic sound like being slaughtered!! I m serious, it does sound very real and never fails to make us laugh occasionally. At least I can confirm that everyone squeeze differently! Some fast squeezer, some slow ones and we even have those teasing ones! Even the small kiddos are not spared as they happily do their squeezing! Well…it does bring some live back to the solemn surrounding of Giant…. Now, we are waiting for our silver smith who’supposed to hand carry a special order from a VIP customer. The result? Will be revealed tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

  1. Remember I bought 2 sets of necklaces and earrings for my daughter? She wore it during raya and everyone in New York & Connecticut loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to get back such good feedback and what more .. so far away in another land!
    Anyway, that particular design is one of our top hits. Alot of brain storming was put in for it. And for now, wait till you see the latest design - another Paulini's must-have collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul, I've heard you all participated in Great Eastern also, how is it. Where's your new office location??? anyway congratulations for opening new office and showroom. regards to lini. rosmah

    ReplyDelete